Saturday, July 10, 2004

Destruction

While many of you may be saying “Why in the world would Peter rip out that nice, albeit odd, deck?” Well, beyond the fact that it was poorly placed and unmovable, after a brief inspection I discovered, to my sheer horror, that it was concealing a whole load of crap. While the crap, as you can plainly see, is mostly composed of small bits of foam, there was quite a bit of discarded wood. And in that wood: bugs. Loads of nasty, wood-eating, pincher-on-their-asses, termite-looking, things-that-don’t-usually-have-wings-but-seem-to-have-mutated-in-my-backyard bugs. This will not stand.




I dragged all the wood, bugs included into the garage. I figure I just arranged a family reunion:



Sugarplum’s poop palace is coming along. I’ve got the slate path laid out, and the beginnings of the ‘water feature’ going in. The plan is to have that rock in the middle sticking out of the water, and the little ‘bump’ on the left will hold a small (bonzai-esque) Japanese maple:




Here are the ‘after’ pictures that match the ‘before’ pictures below:






No comments: